5 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Landscape Designer
Landscaping provides many benefits to one’s property. It creates a more functional space, reduces energy costs, boosts the value of the property and its saleability, improves air quality, promotes better health, and contributes to environmental efforts. You can find many celebrities who have lush landscapes in their homes, including Jennifer Aniston, Lauren Conrad, and Minnie Driver.
To create your dream garden or landscape, you may want to consider hiring a landscape architect or designer. A landscape architect or designer will help plan and design your property’s outdoor spaces.
Here are the 5 questions to ask before hiring one:
- What services do you offer?According to Houzz, landscape designers offer design only service, design-build service, and full-service, which includes designing, building, and maintaining your garden. It’s important to know that the person you’re hiring for the job is experienced with the kind of work that you require.
- What are your ideas for my garden?Show your property to the landscape designer and ask for ideas. Ask if they can provide 3D rendering services, so you can clearly visualize how their designs will actually look like. These 3D renders will also help you communicate what you want to see in your garden. Decide where you want to install your landscape garden and start gathering pegs or design ideas to present to the designer as well. How you plan to use it should be considered when designing your garden.
- How much will my ideal garden cost?A landscape designer will be able to estimate how much your ideal garden will cost. If it goes beyond your budget, the designer will suggest other similar options for the amount that you will specify. The designer will be able to suggest design elements and materials that will fit your budget.
- How long will the project take?If you have a target date of completion in time for a special event, let the designer know. The designer will be able to tell you if it can be done. If not, ask for the estimated date of completion so you can plan ahead.
- What do I need to do to maintain my garden?Gardens require maintenance and different types of soil and plants need different kinds of care as well. Ask how much you need to spend for maintenance and what exactly you need to do to keep your garden or lawn looking beautiful.